You should visit your doctor monthly to check how you are doing. If you get any of the following symptoms while you are taking Clarus®, you must tell your doctor immediately because it may be necessary to stop Clarus:
- You get pregnant, or get pregnant within one month after stopping Clarus,
- Changes in your mood such as becoming depressed, feeling sad, or having crying spells, and/or other signs of mental health problems such as:
- Losing interest in your usual activities,
- Experiencing changes in your regular sleep patterns,
- Becoming more irritable or aggressive than usual (for example, temper outbursts, thoughts of violence),
- Losing your appetite,
- Becoming unusually tired,
- Having trouble concentrating,
- Withdrawing from family and friends,
- Having thoughts about taking your own life (suicidal thoughts),
- Bad headaches, blurred vision, dizziness, nausea, vomiting,
- Severe stomach pain, diarrhea, rectal bleeding,
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes and/or dark urine,
- Changes in your hearing or ringing in your ears,
- Changes in your vision, especially at night; decreased night vision may occur and be sudden in some patients; take caution when driving at night ,
- Persistent feelings of dry eyes,
- Aches or pains in bones or joints, back pain, or difficulty in moving – if a bone breaks, tell your doctor,
- Hives, swollen face or mouth, trouble breathing, fever, rash red patches, bruises
- Fainting, become very thirsty, urinating a lot, feeling weak,
- Leg swelling, seizures (convulsions), slurred speech, problems moving or any other serious unusual problems,
- Your acne becomes worse.
Protect yourself from the sun
Clarus may increase your sensitivity to the sun. Avoid long periods in the sun and any increase in your exposure time must be gradual to determine how much you can tolerate. When choosing a sunscreen to use on your face, back and chest, choose one that’s oil-free, won’t cause blackheads (non-comedogenic), and won’t cause acne (non-acnegenic).
Important Information about Prevention while taking Clarus Click Here.
A Guide for Patients
All the information you need about your medicine in a handy booklet.
Download PDF here.
Birth Control Information
For more information about birth control or for confidential counselling call the toll-free number at 1-877-776-7711